Let’s set the scene. An old patisserie resembling a bistro in the Marais, Paris. white linen tablecloths, flickering candle light, bentwood café chairs, wine bottles stacked to the ceiling, Edith Piaf on repeat, dinner cooked by Neil ‘Scottish chef of the year 2011’ Forbes– where am I? Welcome to Café St Honore, Thistle Street Lane, Edinburgh, where Gallic meets Gaelic in award-winning mouthfuls. Locally supplied provenance is choice du jour for Mr Forbes, and why not when Scotland is his oyster? Continue reading
FOLLOW OUR TAILS
LIKE OUR TAILS
mymonkfish recent posts
- VEG BOXES, GRAZE, FLAVOURLY… BOXES THROUGH YOUR DOOR…
- EAT LOCAL, WE’VE SAID IT BEFORE WE’RE SAYING IT AGAIN!
- FESTIVE GREETINGS FROM MONKFISH TOWERS!
- TICKET GIVEAWAY FOR CHRISTMAS FOODIES FESTIVAL, 1st and 2nd Dec, EDINBURGH!
- If it’s worth cooking well, it’s worth cooking slowly. Jay Rayner speaks out!
- BBC GOOD FOOD SHOW, GLASGOW, TICKET GIVEAWAY!
- INNIS & GUNN & CAFE ST HONORE, HARVEST SUPPER 2012
- BREW LAB | ARTISAN COFFEE BAR | EDINBURGH
- SCOTTISH FOOD AND DRINK FORTNIGHT 2012
- WHEN MS MONKFISH TOOK AFTERNOON TEA….
- Create:Eat – a collaborative dining event in Edinburgh
- FOODIES FESTIVAL EDINBURGH, AUGUST 10-12, 2012
- KINFOLK – A SHARED INTEREST IN SMALL GATHERINGS
- THE SUPER (DUPER) MARKET, NYC
- SUPERNATURE – RAPESEED OIL GIVEAWAY!
Mymonkfish talks aboutEdinburgh, Edinburgh restaurants, Edinburgh eating out, Edinburgh dining, Edinburgh food reviews, Edinburgh restaurant reviews, Edinburgh festival, Scotland, Scottish food, Food from Scotland, Scottish food guide, Edinburgh fine dining, Edinburgh Michelin Star restaurants